Tuesday - Friday
12:00pm - 5:00pm
10:00am - 2:00pm
Needy Paws Animal Shelter is an extension of the Humane Society of Johnson County. We operate an animal shelter for homeless and lost animals. We are a non-profit organization relying on fundraising and donations to keep the doors open. We also contract with the cities of Clarksville and Lamar to handle and shelter their animal control dogs.
A great deal of time and effort is expended by the staff and board of directors of the shelter to find loving, lifelong homes for the animals. Time is taken to get to know each animal and its behavior so it can be placed in the right environment. We encourage you to come and visit with several of our animals, take the dogs out for a walk, and spend time with any animal you are interested in adopting. The adoption fee includes spay/neuter, shots, and worming medicine. If the animal is not old enough to be spayed or neutered at the time of adoption, Needy Paws will pay for the cost of the operation when the animal is of age. These fees vary according to male or female, dog or cat. All animals adopted from Needy Paws must be spayed or neutered, as per the legal contract you sign at time of adoption. We do not ship animals.
Volunteers are a vital part of Needy Paws Animal Shelter. You can volunteer to perform the following tasks:
- Participate in and/or attend one of our fund-raisers
- Help with special adoption events
- Walk dogs and/or socialize cats
- Perform clerical work and/or yard work
- Tell the story of Needy Paws, our needs, and so much more
Did you know...
It costs $1000 or more annually to keep one dog kennel clean and provide food and $500 or more to keep a cat cage clean and provide food? Medical care is extra.
All donations stay here in Johnson County to keep the shelter in operation. Needy Paws Animal Shelter is a local organization and is in no way affiliated with any state or national agency.
You can help Needy Paws by:
- Becoming a shelter sponsor
- Sponsoring a dog kennel or cat cage
- Donating to our shelter
- Participating in our fund-raisers
- Volunteering your time or skills
- Bringing us aluminum cans to recycle
Donations are gladly accepted.
Needy Paws is always in need of the following items:
- Dog leashes and collars
- Cat litter
- Toys and chew treats
- Blankets, sheets, and towels for bedding
- Bleach and laundry soap
- Mops and brooms
- Paper towels and toilet tissue
- Pet shampoo and grooming supplies
- Canned cat/dog food
- Flea and tick medicine